I’m a huge fan of these because they take about half an hour to make/portion, only use one bowl (yay for limited dishes haha) and then you have a stash of healthy and delicious snacks!
Yield: 22 energy bites.
- 1.5 – 2 cups large flake oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add 1.5 cups of the oats and all other ingredients, stir to combine. If the mixture is too sticky, add enough oats so the mixture is only slightly sticky and can be formed easily into balls.
- Roll mixture into 20, 1.5 inch balls. Arrange in a single layer in a large tupperware container or on a cookie sheet and allow them to firm up in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the freezer and portion 2 per snack bag. Store portioned energy bites to the freezer and pull out the morning of, for snacks or breakfast! Enjoy!
Recipe & Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen, RD