I’m a huge fan of these because they take about half an hour to make/portion, only use one bowl (yay for limited dishes haha) and then you have a stash of healthy and delicious snacks!
Yield: 8 servings, 1 slice each
- 3/4 cup diced butternut squash (0.5cm)
- 2 medium apples, skin on, diced (0.5cm)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small Multigrain baguette, sliced into 8 even slices
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter ( I used @wildly_delicious’s Maple Pumpkin Butter )
- 1/2 cup shaved pumpkin spice cheese (I used @beemstercheese’s)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 8 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1/3 cup balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss squash and apple with lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil, pumpkin pie spice and salt/ pepper until well coated. Spread squash/ apple mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat broiler to high. Line another baking sheet with foil. Brush each side of the baguette slices with remaining olive oil and place in an even layer on the baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 mins per side or until toasted. Be sure to watch them closely so they don’t burn!
- For assembly, spread 1 tbsp of pumpkin butter onto each toasted baguette slice. Top with about 2 tbsp of the butternut squash / apple mixture. Sprinkle each slice with pumpkin spice cheese, basil and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
Recipe & Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen, RD