You can use any beer for this recipe but I chose @kronenbourg Blanc Fruits Rouges. If you haven’t tried Kronenbourg Blanc yet, I highly recommend it! It’s a light beer with refreshing citrus notes and the Fruits Rouges variety has a hint of berry sweetness- perfect for the summer!
Yield: 1 loaf, 8-10 slices
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey (you can use any honey but wildflower honey has an amazing floral profile that pairs really well with the hops in beer.
- 1 bottle beer (I used @kronenburg)
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients, except butter, just until combined. Pour into loaf pan and top with butter.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 to 50 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow the loaf to cool slightly before removing from the pan and slicing. Serve warm with honey butter and/or ricotta cheese. ENJOY & CHEERS!
Recipe & Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen RD