Check out this delish Blueberry and Ricotta Cheese Flatbread with Basil, Caramelized Onions and Balsamic Reduction!
Yield: One Mini Flatbread
- 1 large nann Flatbread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions, slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Balsamic reduction (you can buy this pre-made at the grocery store as a balsamic glaze)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons
- Turn the broil setting of your oven on high. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Brush the nann bread lightly with olive oil on both sides and place on baking sheet. Spread ricotta cheese over nann bread in an even layer. Top with caramelized onions and blueberries and place in oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the nann are golden brown and ricotta is warmed. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into desired amount of slices, top with basil ribbons and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen RD