Live less out of habit and more out of intent.
Life can be busy, so it is important to slow down, take a step back and reflect once in a while.
Eating with intent and mindfulness is important. How many times have you found yourself finished a meal, absolutely stuffed and barely remembered tasting it? Mindful eating is about using mindfulness to reach a state of full attention to your experiences, cravings and physical cues when eating. Mindful eating includes:
- Eating slowly and limiting distractions (phone, TV etc.)
- Listening to your physical hunger cues and only eating until you are full
- Distinguishing between actual hunger and other types of hunger (emotional, boredom etc.)
- Engaging all of your senses when eating by paying close attention to colours, smells, textures and tastes
- Appreciating and enjoying your food
Challenge yourself to having at least one meal each day without distractions and practice mindful eating!
Yield: 2 large or 3 smaller servings
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Blueberries, hemp hearts and chia seeds for topping
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Portion into 2 or 3 bowls / containers and refrigerate overnight. Top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Recipe & Photos By: Brittaney Berendsen RD