Yield: 1 loaf, 8-10 slices
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan with vegetable oil spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Once combined, add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Move 1/3 of the banana bread mixture to a separate bowl and add melted chocolate chips and cocoa, mix until combined.
- Pour half of the plain batter into the prepared loaf pan. Add chocolate batter next and top with remaining regular batter. Swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake for 50 Mins to 1 hour in the middle of the oven or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Enjoy!
Recipe & Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen, RD