A bright and zesty spring brunch recipe, best served on a patio with a mimosa in the sun.
Yield: 2-4 servings (1-2 pancakes each)
- Buckwheat Pancake Mix (I used Bobs Red Mill), prepared to make 4 medium pancakes
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- 2, 100g containers vanilla bean smooth cottage cheese (I used Gay Lea)
- 2-4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp blueberry honey (or any honey)
Fun fact: Blueberry honey is an amber honey and is made by placing beehives directly in blueberry fields. The honey does not taste like blueberries but has a very unique floral profile.
- Prepare pancake mix according to package directions, adding blueberries.
- Once pancakes are cooked, spread a layer of the lemon curd and smooth cottage cheese on the pancakes or top each pancake with a dollop. Drizzle with honey and/or syrup if desired, sprinkle with coconut. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD