Looking for a way to use up that leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey? Check out this easy Butternut Squash Ravioli!
Yield: 4 entree servings
- 1 lb butternut squash ravioli (I picked mine up at Costco)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups butternut squash (I used the frozen @preschoice butternut squash- such a time saver!)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 large bag spinach (~ 6 cups)
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey OR 1lb cooked lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped sage
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Balsamic Reduction
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss butternut squash in olive oil, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, salt and pepper to coat. Spread squash out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Place squash in the oven and bake for 20- 25 minutes or until tender, turning halfway through baking.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add ravioli and cook according to package directions. Once ravioli is cooked and drained, toss in butter and salt/ pepper, set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute until fragrant. Add spinach and 3-4 tbsp of water. Cook until spinach is wilted and all water is absorbed.
- Divide the ravioli into 4 bowls or containers, top with sauteed veggies, butternut squash, turkey, chopped sage, parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!
Recipe & Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.