HELLO HOLIDAY SPICE!!! If you are a gingerbread cookie fan then you NEED to try these energy bites! They are the perfect partner for a spiced holiday latte!
Yield: 22 energy bites.
- 1.5 cups large flake oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Gingerbread Peanut Butter (I used @wild_friends) or natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a tray or baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well with rubber spatula or clean hands until mixture can be formed into balls. Mixture should be slightly sticky, if it is too dry add a little more peanut butter and/or honey.
- Divide mixture evenly and form into 22 balls. Portion 2 energy bites into containers/ ziplock bags and store them in the freezer for an easy grab and go snack!
Recipe & Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen, RD