With Thanksgiving on the way I thought I’d share one of my absolute faves! Check out these SUPER DELISH Savory Pumpkin Rosemary Dinner Rolls 🎃. These beauties pair perfectly with a turkey dinner or a bowl of soup.
Yield: 12-16 dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pkg (10g) instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4.5- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chopped rosemary for garnish
- In a stand mixer using the dough hook, combine the sugar, eggs, chopped rosemary, pumpkin puree and 4.5 cups of flour.
- Warm water and milk in the microwave until lukewarm, do not overheat! Add dry yeast/ 1 tsp sugar and stir to activate. Allow to sit for about a minute.
- Slowly add yeast and liquid mixture to rest of ingredients in stand mixer. Knead in stand mixer for a few minutes until a dough ball forms, add more flour if dough is too sticky.
- Remove dough from mixer and knead by hand on a lightly floured surface. Form dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a warm damp towel and allow to rise in a warm area for an hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil and set aside. Once dough has doubled in size, knead it again on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12- 16 balls and arrange in baking pan so that there is room for them to rise. Cover the pan with a warm damp towel and allow to rise again for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place risen rolls uncovered in oven and bake for 20 to 25 mins or until tops are lightly browned. While rolls are baking, mix melted butter and honey in a small bowl and set aside. Remove rolls from oven and brush with honey / butter mixture. Sprinkle rolls with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and rosemary. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen RD