Check out these decadent Salted Caramel Energy Bites!!!
I (Britt) am a huge fan of recipes that you can make a big batch of and freeze for later. Life can get pretty crazy at times whether it be from work, school, family or just things that come up in our day to day. Planning out meals/ snacks and preparing healthy foods ahead of time sets you up for success and overall better health because you are less likely to rely on convenience food items and eating out. Make the healthy choice the easy choice by prepping your snacks and meals ahead of time!
Yield: 22 Energy Bites
- 1 cup large flake oats (I used @quaker)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I used @kraft_brand honey peanut butter)
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I used @manitobiaharvest)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops salted caramel whey protein powder (I used @sixstarpronutrition)
- 1/2 cup salted caramel chips (I used @hersheys)
- 1/2 cup, dark chocolate chips, melted (I used @hersheys)
- Line a tray or baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dark chocolate chips. Mix well with rubber spatula or clean hands until mixture can be formed into balls. Mixture should be slightly sticky, if it is too dry add a little more peanut butter and/or honey.
- Divide mixture evenly and form into 22 balls. Place formed balls in an even layer on prepared baking sheet and place in freezer for 20-30 mins or until firm.
- Once energy bites are firm, drizzle with melted dark chocolate and return to freezer until chocolate is set. Portion 2 energy bites into containers/ ziplock bags and store them in the freezer for an easy grab and go snack!
Recipe and Photos by: Brittaney Berendsen RD