These pumpkin muffins are super fluffy, moist and have exxxxtraaa pumpkin spice! They pair perfectly with a greek yogurt for a hearty fall snack or with your #PSL.
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Topping (Optional): 6 tsp seed blend or pumpkin seeds (I used President’s Choice Blue Menu Sunflower, Pumpkin and Superseed Blend)
- Line a muffin tin with papers and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and oats. In another bowl mix together pumpkin pie filling, canola oil, brown sugar and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Portion muffin mixture evenly into prepared muffin tin, filling about ¾ full. Top each muffin with ½ tsp of seeds if desired.
- Place muffins in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 Mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.