This Roasted Vegetable Flatbread is beyond easy to whip up and packed full of fresh flavour! It’s also a perfect summer weeknight dinner when paired with some protein (and a glass of wine haha)!
Yield: 1 Flatbread/ 4 Slices
- 1 large flatbread (I used President’s Choice Multigrain Flatbread)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic and herb goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 basil leaves, cut into ribbons for garnish
- Turn the broil function of your oven on high and allow to oven to preheat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Brush both sides of the flatbread with olive oil and place on the baking sheet, set aside.
- Line another baking sheet with foil. Spread veggies (except spinach) out in an even layer, brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt/ pepper. Place veggies in oven and broil on high for 4-5 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, spread the ricotta cheese over the prepared flatbread. Once veggies are slightly tender, remove from the oven and arrange in an even layer on flatbread along with the spinach.
- Top flatbread with crumbled goat cheese and place in oven for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and the flatbread edges are crispy/ browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting into desired amount of slices. Top with basil ribbons and enjoy!
Photos and Recipe by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.