Check out this delish pesto flatbread! I am loving the fresh herbs and produce that is available right now! For this flatbread, I used fresh pesto that I made but you can certainly also use store bought pesto.
Yield: One Mini Flatbread
- 1 small garlic herb nann bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 cocktail tomato, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1-2 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Preheat broiler function of oven to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Brush each side of the nann bread with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Spread ricotta cheese and pesto over nann bread. Top with sliced tomato. Place in oven and broil in high for 10-12 minutes or until nann bread is slightly crispy and begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with fresh basil ribbons and enjoy!
Recipe and photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.