This recipe is an easy lean protein option! Pair these skewers with some grilled veggies and BBQ roasted baby potatoes and you’ve got a delicious summer inspired meal!
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb raw, peeled, large pacific white shrimp
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
You will also need: 6-8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for ~ 1 hour
- Toss all ingredients in a large tupperware and allow shrimp to marinate overnight or for minimum 1 hour. Once marinated, discard marinate and arrange 5-6 shrimp on each skewer.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high. Arrange shrimp skewers evenly over BBQ and grill for 3-4 mins each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat and garnish with additional lime juice/ zest, salt, pepper and cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.