I (Britt) am a huge fan of Apple Crisp/ Crumble in the fall… so much so that I needed to make a summer version! Check out this delicious Blueberry Coconut Crumble, the perfect partner to ice-cream for your next BBQ!
Yield: 12 Servings (~2/3 cup each)
For the topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup large flake oats
- 1/4 cup spelt flakes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature, cut into half inch cubes
- 4.5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for the topping using your hands until it becomes crumbly.
- In another bowl, add blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and remaining whole wheat flour. Toss to coat the blueberries evenly.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the dish and top with the crumble. Place in the oven and bake for 40- 45 minutes or until blueberries a bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or greek yogurt and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.E.c