This hummus is creamy with a bit of a kick! I paired it with some Jalapeño Lime Tortilla Chips!
Yield: ~ 1.5 cups hummus
- 1 jalapeño pepper, washed, seeds removed and halved (If you like more spice, you can roast the jalapeño pepper with the seeds or use 2 jalapeño peppers!)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place jalapeño pepper(s) on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
2. Allow pepper to cool slightly. Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender on high. Add the reserved chickpea water a few tbsp at a time until hummus is smooth in texture.
3. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy with your fav tortilla chips, veggies or pita bread!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.