Red Wine Bolognese on fettuccine with sauteed Rapini. 🍷
Yield: 4-5 servings of Bolognese sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb ground beef/ pork blend
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine (I used @ghostpines merlot)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic/onion and saute until fragrant. Add the ground meat and break the meat into pieces with a spatula as it cooks. Cook the beef/pork until it is browned and drain excess oil.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot and stir well to combine. Let simmer over medium heat for about 20 mins. Serve over your favourite pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy with a glass of wine!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.