The best things in life are cheese. We (Sydney and Brittaney) are huge cheese lovers. It is a staple for both of us, fuelling our outdoor adventures and regularly paired with a whole grain or fruit as a satisfying snack. This dip is a crowd pleaser amongst our family, friend and work circles (yep, it’s one of those repeat recipes that never disappoints at potlucks and holiday gatherings alike).
- One 227g tub of cream cheese
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a pan, toast almonds on low-medium heat on stovetop
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (including almonds) and add to oven safe dish
- Place dip in oven for 8-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and evenly heated
- Serve with baguette, crackers, apples or grapes and enjoy!
Fun facts about cheese:
We have good news for those of you who are lactose intolerant! Mozzarella and ripened cheeses such as cheddar, Swiss, parmesan and Brie contain very little lactose.
Did you know you could freeze your cheese? Next time cheddar is on sale, shred it, store it in the freezer, and add it to omelettes, soups, pasta, etc.
Cheese (apart from cream cheese) is a good source of calcium, protein and vitamin B12!
Recipe and Photo by: Sydney Withers RD