I love baked oatmeal recipes; bake once and get a week’s worth of breakfasts/ snacks!
Yield: 6 servings
- 2.5 cups large flake oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 medium apple, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil, set aside.
- Mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, dates, shredded apple and carrot in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together honey, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Pour into baking dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly before cutting. Serve with cinnamon honey and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo by: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.