Check out this Savoury Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl with Oat Rice 😍.
For this breakfast bowl I used Oetlia Oat Rice. If you haven’t’ tried oat rice, I suggest you do! What is oat Rice you ask? The hard shell of oats is removed leaving you with a soft, chewy grain, much like white rice except oat rice is higher in protein and fibre. Fibre is important as it can help to normalized blood sugars, decrease blood cholesterol, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and help improve the immune system.
Yield: 2 breakfast bowls
- 1.5 cups cooked oat rice (throw a handful of spinach in at the end and stir until wilted)
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 1 soft boiled egg, peeled and halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts (I used @manitobaharvest Chipotle Onion and garlic Hemp Heart Toppers)
- Assemble all ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle hemp hearts on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy! 💪
Recipe and Photo By: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.
Sources: Dietitians of Canada and Unlockfood.ca (ERO)