Check out this unBEETable Buddha Bowl with Turmeric Tahini Drizzle! Anyone else obsessed with Buddha bowls or is it just me? I am a huge fan of all the flavours, colours, textures and nutrients that you get packed into one bowl/ meal!
Yield: 4 Buddha Bowls
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 3 beets, sliced
- 2 cups chopped brussel sprouts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp shawarma spice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of kale, washed, stems removed and chopped
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts (I used Manitobia Harvest Onion Chipotle)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside. In a large bowl toss the sweet potato, beets and brussel sprouts in 2 tbsp olive oil and spread out in an even layer on baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 30- 40 minutes, turning once halfway through baking.
- While the veggies are roasting, head 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add chickpeas and shawarma spice, pan fry until chickpeas are lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add kale and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat or until kale is wilted. Drain off excess water, if any and set kale aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini paste and turmeric powder until well combined.
- Assemble roasted veggies, chickpeas, kale, and quinoa into four bowls. Drizzle with turmeric tahini, sprinkle with hemp hearts and enjoy!!
Recipe and Photo By: Brittaney Berendsen RD