I am a huge fan of snacks that you can prepare ahead of time! You can freeze these muffins and pull from the freezer when needed. If you need a more hearty snack, pair one of these muffins with a piece of fruit or 100g of Greek yogurt!
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with 12 muffin papers.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugars, oil and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in shredded zucchini and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined (batter will be thick but trust me it is perfect!). Fold in chocolate chips and portion into muffin papers (3/4 full).
- Bake for 22- 25 Mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. For mini muffins bake for 12- 14 Mins. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate once cooled, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe By: Brittaney Berendsen RD, P.H.Ec.